As my last post for 2017 I wanted to share a recipe with you that’s perfect for the holidays (whether it’s winter or summer where you’re enjoying Christmas).
This Homemade Vanilla Chai Tea Latte recipe was actually invented by my gran and cousin but it has become a big favourite. The recipe is super simple and is perfect for those who like chai tea but sometime find it a bit bitter without milk.
I changed up the recipe a little bit and made it with Vanilla Chai Tea (which has the most amazing smell and I wish I could bottle it and send it to all of you), but normal chai tea works perfectly.
I hope you try it out and enjoy. Let me know how it goes in the comments below.
1 x Chai tea / Vanilla chai tea, tea bag
1/4 cup of milk (literally a quarter of the cup you are going to drink your tea in)
3/4 cup of chai tea
2 x Cups of the same size
- Pour a 1/4 cup of milk into one of your cups
- Add boiling water to 3/4 of the second cup with tea bag inside
- Place both mugs in the microwave for 1 minute (keep tea bag in second cup and check that the milk does not foam over)
- Remove mug with tea bag and warm milk mug for another 30 seconds
- Use milk frother to froth milk until more froth than liquidy
- Remove tea bag from second cup
- Add frothed milk to second cup of chai tea and let is mix
- Add honey to your liking (I’d suggest adding quite a bit as chai tea can be quite bitter and the honey takes the bite off)
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top to your liking
Simple and very delicious.
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Loud Library friends, and may 2018 hold many blessings for you all.