Last week the husband made the best chicken kebabs I have ever tasted and I just had to share the recipe with you! Credit does also need to be given to the chicken itself which is from my parents’ farm, Inkukhu Yetho Chickens. All grain fed chickens with no extra brine/water. Not only is are these chicken kebabs tasty but they are healthy too, so give them a try on the braai this weekend!
So here is the recipe for the Perfect Chicken Kebabs for the Braai!
INGREDIENTS (makes 3 kebabs):
600g of chicken breast
half a pineapple
1 green pepper
150ml sweet chili sauce
braai salt to your taste
chicken spice to your taste
3 kebab sticks
- Soak kebab sticks in water to soften them
- Cut the chicken into 2cm x 2cm cubes
- Coat chicken cubes in the sweet chili sauce
- Cut pineapple into 2cm x 2cm cubes
- Cut green pepper into 2cm x 2cm cubes
- Pierce and slide chicken breast cube onto kebab stick, follow with a pineapple cube. Add another chicken cube and then add a green pepper cube. Repeat until the stick is full
- Braai until brown on the tips
Perfect for a Sunday braai, and even better the next day for lunch!
Follow Inkukhu Yetho Chickens on Facebook if you’re interested in healthy chickens with no added water or brine. Deliveries made once a month in Gauteng area.